Sunday, August 3, 2008

Know Your Navs: Frank Pesanello

Frank Pesanello, of Northeastern University and Plainville, MA, added some pop to the Navigators lineup with his arrival on July 14.

You joined the team late in the season - how did you get in touch with coach Falcon, and how did you decide that you wanted to pla
y in this league?

I played in Danbury, two years ago, so I was already familiar with the league. One of my friends coaches at Clark with Coach Falcon, and that's how we got in touch and everything came into place.

What were some of your expectations of this league coming in, and how has it met (or been different from) what you expected?

I knew from my time in Danbury that this was a good league. But it's a lot better playing on a good team. When I was at Danbury, we weren't very good - it's a lot better experience on this team, a lot better atmosphere.

This team seems to be pretty tight, with some great chemistry. What was the adjustment period for you, and how long did it take for you to feel like you were really a part of the team?

No time at all. I know Folino because we played together in Danbury, and we've got some BC and UMass guys, so I play against them in school - so it wasn't hard at all.

What aspect of your game needs the most improvement?

Just putting the ball in play right now, I think, is the one thing I have to work on. I'd like to mix in a few more home runs I guess... it can't hurt.

What's the competition been like in the Colonial Athletic Association with Northeastern?

It's been great - we've had a number of first round draft picks out of the conference, and every hitter mashes pretty well. It's been tough. We've got a few kids from the CAA in the NECBL as well.

What are some of the things that brought you to Northeastern, and what are some things that are unique about the school that have added to your experience there so far?

I transferred there [from Maine] because of Northeastern's coach [Neil McPhee] - he's a little nuts, but he's very honest, and he's a great coach. They've also got a tremendous Criminal Justice program, which is what I want to do - so it was an easy decision. Overall it's been a great experience.

Definitely being in the city is a lot of fun. Going out at night, socializing, seeing famous people walk around, sometimes. It's great.

Do you have some baseball idols or role models?

I have some favorite players, I like Manny and stuff... but nobody who I really model myself after. Actually, a lot of my favorite athletes are football players...

What music do you use to get yourself pumped up before a big game?

I listen to a lot of country, really. Nothing to get too pumped up, just something to hang out and relax.

You guys have played a lot of doubleheaders lately. What's that like for a catcher?

It's nice having another catcher here to split time. But it's not bad. It's not terrible. We've had some long days, and it can be tiring - but it's a lot of fun.

Favorite all-time walk up at-bat songs?

I don't know, this is a tough one. There's so many. I have a terrible one now, I didn't pick it out myself... I can't think of any specifically, though.

If you were to pick your own right now, what would it be?

Honestly... there's so many choices, so many good ones, that I just can't pick one.

Continuing with really hard questions - you can only keep one film, one album, and memories of one baseball game - what would they be?

Favorite movie... hmm... definitely Gladiator. That's one of my favorites. As far as baseball experiences, probably this year, hitting two home runs against Wilmington, who were ranked at the time... as far as a favorite album, I don't know. Any good country album.

Favorite female celebrity?

Definitely Jessica Biel.

And two quick ones: funniest teammate?

Kowalski.

And most easy-going member of the team?

Hmm.. there's a bunch of them. I'll say Folino.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Thanks for doing that interview!! Great Job!!

-- Joshua

Visitor map