Sunday, June 29, 2008

Know your Navs: Kent Graham

Joe Gravellese, Navigators Sports Information Department

An interview with North Shore Navigators & Trinity College first baseman Kent Graham:



You played some hockey in high school. What position did you play, and how much success did you have?

"I played defense at Choate and I was all-state senior year, and third team All-New England."

Any teammates playing college hockey?

"Yeah, I've got a bunch. Guys on Harvard, Dartmouth, a lot of NESCAC schools, Tufts... pretty much every kid on the team now plays college hockey. I played at Trinity my freshman year."

Who are some of your favorite hockey players?

"Who's #17 on the Bruins? (Milan Lucic). Yeah, Lucic. And obviously Crosby and Ovechkin are unbelievable to watch."

What are some things about Trinity College that we might not know about?

"Our squash team hasn't lost a match in ten years. Let's see... we're in the top 20 colleges according to US News & World Report. And we have the oldest college dorm in the country."

Word association! I'm going to say a name, and I want you to say the first thing that comes to your mind.

Jason Falcon-

"Great guy, great coach."

Jason Markovitz-

"Heh. California boy."

Chris Kowalski-

"Killer."

Jimmy Lisowski-

"Lights out."

Fraser Field-

"Awesome place to play."

You've had a little bit of a rough start to the season. Are things starting to come around a little bit?

"Yeah, I hurt my back when I came here. I tried to push it when I shouldn't have, and my performance slipped a little bit. I took some time off. Tonight was my first game back. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon."

What's in your CD or MP3 player right now?

"I've got some Bay Area rap on CD right now... my girlfriend is from San Fran, so she gave me some of those CDs."

Your favorite road trip this season?

"Wow... I'd probably have to say Newport, just because of the atmosphere. It's always fun to play down there."

Coke or Pepsi and why?

"I don't drink soda. I'm a big health guy, so nothing but water for me."

Celebrity dream girl?

"Probably Angelina Jolie."

If you could study abroad, where would you want to go?

"Well, Trinity has a campus in Rome, which is definitely a place where I'd want to go. I'd also like to go to Australia, or any of the Scandinavian countries."

If baseball doesn't work out, what do you see yourself doing?

Oh, I'm definitely going into real estate. My brother and I actually already own a couple of houses in the Springfield area that we rent out to college kids. I'm definitely thinking real estate after college.

Kent and the rest of the Navs are in action tonight against the Lowell All-Americans at 7 PM. Come down to Fraser Field, listen to the game online, or check the blog for live updates.

No comments:

Visitor map