- Pregame Notes: North Shore Navigators (0-0) vs. Vermont Mountaineers (0-0), 7:05 PM, Fraser Field, Lynn, MA
- First pitch of tonight's game is scheduled for 7:05. Pregame festivities will include Mayor Clancy throwing out the first pitch and free Chick-fil-A sandwiches to the first 1,000 fans in attendance.
- It's the first game of the season for both North Shore and Vermont. Last season, when the Navs were the Holyoke Giants, these two franchises squared off in the Northern Division finals. Vermont won the series 2 games to 1 on a walkoff homerun in Game 3. Vermont went on to win the NECBL title.
- Peter Fatse's UCONN teammate, Dusty Odenbach, is a pitcher for the Mountaineers.
- Pitching Matchup:
- Getting the ball tonight for the Navigators will be lefthanded pitcher Jimmy Lisowski. The Warwick, MA native went 4-2 in 9 starts for D3 Springfield College, with a 3.93 ERA, 59 strikeouts, and 15 walks. Opponents hit .276 against Lisowski.
- For Vermont, Southeast Missouri's Josh Syberg - another southpaw. He went 4-4 with a 4.32 ERA this season - 69 K, 23 BB.
6:43 PM - We're almost ready to go. Pregame festivities will begin in around ten minutes. I'll be posting up the 'in game post' in just a minute...
6:28 PM - Our little leaguers have taken the field for the "Toss Across Lynn"... our own Joe Jasinski is out there coordinating the effort. Joe Jas has been Mr. Everything today - he hung up outfield signage, he raked the infield, and now he's coordinating the Toss. Later, he'll settle into the press box for his usual duties. Well done, Joe.
6:23 PM - The beers are already flowing from the tap. Looks like a decent sized crowd is already settling in. Now that the sun has moved behind the clouds, it's absolutely gorgeous out.
6:14 PM - PA announcer and local legend John "Sugar" Kane's most recent press announcement was accompanied by the sounds of OutKast in the background. The Mountaineers are stretching in the outfield. It's about time to roll.
6:10 PM -The gates are open and the Navs are out taking infield in their home whites.
5:45 PM -
We have a lineup -
Justin Little, CF
Sean McNaughton, LF
Mike Provencher, RF
Kent Graham, 1B
Nick Belcher, SS
Peter Fatse, DH
Kyle Geason, 3B
Tyler Kuehl, 2B
John Hill, C
Jimmy Lisowski, SP
Available in the pen: Dicato, Gallo, Kitchens, Kowalski, Herter, Krull, Markovitz, Prescott
Tomorrow's starter: Mike Adams
Greg Sherry, 2B
Steven Felix, RF
Matt Duffy, 3B
Ethan Paquette, 1B
Nick Harris, DH
Kevin Nieto, CF
Scott Schauer, LF
Jon Hurst, C
Jon Roof, SS
Josh Syberg, SP
5:41 PM - The Navs have completed batting practice. Mike Provencher and Kyle Geason were taking some sweet swings. The Mountaineers, outfitted in green t-shirts with white writing, are now taking BP. A few fans have already filed into the ballpark, along with all the little leaguers getting ready for the 'toss across Lynn' pre-game event.