Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Holyoke & Post-Season Pitching Rotation
Talking with Coach Falcon after yesterday's double-header, he gave the pitching rotation for the remainder of the regular season (four games in Holyoke today and tomorrow) and the first round of the playoffs. Here is a list of hurlers Falcon will be sending to the hill:
- Game 1: Wayde Kitchens (1-1, 1.51 ERA)
- Game 2: Adam Herter (5-1, 2.68 ERA)
This will give each starter five to six days rest, respectfully, so that "they will be well rested if called upon to start" in the second round of the playoffs, Falcon said.
- Game 1: Mike DiCato (2-3, 6.00 ERA)
- Game 2: TBD [This could be comical. Falcon explained the situation this way..."Could be you, could be you (pointing to reporters), could be me. Everyone should just bring their glove that day, because we just don't know yet for sure what we are going to do."]
- Game 1 (8/2): Matt Costello (2-0, 1.80 ERA)
- Game 2 (8/3): John Folino (3-0, 0.45 ERA)
- Game 3 (8/4, if necessary): Jimmy Lisowski* (2-1, 2.33 ERA)
*If the Navigators were to advance to the second round by sweeping the first two games of Round 1, then Lisowski would indeed get the start in Game 1 of the second round, Falcon said.
After Lisowski, it would then go back to Kitchens, and the rotation would revert back to where we stand today.
So, now that we have a picture of who will be on the mound in the upcoming days, how do you see this affecting the Navigators' chances of conquering home field advantage and succeeding in the first round of the playoffs?